This is a very easy dessert to put together and my kids love it. I always have a package or two of mini graham cracker pie tarts here , just in case I need to make a quick dessert. This one is a take on smores . I use Nutella, which I can never seem to keep in the house. My eight year old inhales it. I find it easier to mix the Nutella with the marshmallow fluff than to try to get the fluff into the crusts without them tearing away from the sides. The addition of the Nutella makes it less sticky, which makes makes it easier to deal with. If you are not a fan of Nutella, you can leave it out. Or you can change it up by omitting the Nutella and adding peanut butter or Biscoff spread. Make sure you eat them right out of the broiler, when the marshmallows are soft and gooey.The recipe is very forgiving, and you can add or subtract any amount of the ingredients to make it to your taste. The mini pies are small, so I gave you a general guideline on the amounts to use.
Chocolate Hazelnut Mini S'mores Pies
1 box chocoalte pudding, prepared as directed
2 packages mini graham cracker pie crusts
12 T marshmallow fluff
6 T Nutella or other hazelnut spread
4 cups mini marshmallows
chocolate syrup (optional)
hazelnut spread, for topping (optional)
1. In a bowl, mix together the marshmallow fluff and the hazelnut spread. Mix well.
2. Place 12 mini pie crusts on a baking sheet and spoon 1 T each of the marshmallow /hazelnut spread into each of the 12 crusts.
3. Place a heaping tablespoon of chocolate pudding on top of the marshamllow spread.
4. Carefully add the mini marshmallows to cover the pudding.
5. Place the baking sheet with the mini pies in the broiler on hi for about 2-3 minutes, until the marshmallows have browned. Make sure you watch carefully, the marshmallows will brown very quickly , and they will burn very fast.
6. Take out of the oven and drizzle with chocolate syrup or hazelnut spread. Serve immediately.