I received this recipe in my inbox a few weeks ago from Betty Crocker. It won grand prize in a cookie contest where one of the ingredients had to be a BC mix. This one used a bag of sugar cookie mix. I thought it sounded pretty good and saved it. Bought a bag of the sugar cookie mix and baked a batch for the boys. All I can say is wow! If you are a fan of maple, then you must try these cookies! I love how the maple and the white chocolate chips taste together. I thought they were a perfect fit for Christmas goody baskets, so I made three more batches. I hope the recipients enjoy them as much as we do, even though I feel a little guilty about using a cookie mix ;)
MAPLE WALNUT WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
courtesy of betty crocker
|1||pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie mix|
|1/2||cup butter or margarine, softened|
|1||tablespoon maple flavor|
|1 1/2||cups white vanilla baking chips|
|1||cup chopped walnuts|
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter,
- maple flavor and egg until soft dough forms. Stir in baking chips
- and walnuts.
- Using small cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop dough 2 inches
- apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 13 to 14 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Store covered at room temperature.