These beef skewers are so good on a warm spring or summer afternoon. The flavor of teriyaki is loved by all who try them.You can use bottled teriyaki sauce, if you prefer. I always have oj on hand, so I just make my own. I serve these with steamed brown rice and whatever veggies are ready in the garden.
Teriyaki Beef Skewers
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice (i use Simply Orange)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 pounds beef sirloin, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 large onions, cut into wedges
- 2 green peppers, cut into chunks
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Set aside 1/2 cup for basting and refrigerate. Add beef to remaining marinade; turn to coat. Seal bag; refrigerate for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard the marinade. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternate beef, green peppers and onions. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side. Baste with reserved marinade. Continue turning and basting for 8-10 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness ..